Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I'm going to see harvey Pekar today. In less than an hour. And I'll recognize him from all teh stories I've read about him.

It must be strange walking into a room where everyone knows your storries but they are strangers to you. I know things about him that maybe a bunch of his friends don't know. Not that his storries are all that intimate, but they do cover a broad range of information from marriage to co-worker's conversations. I like the co-worker conversations the most. i was really pleased to end the whole American Spleandor book with a one page funny from Mr. Boots. He's great.
And everything right before that was heavy. not only was it heavy but it was all over the place with different artists and even one written by Harvey's wife instead of the man himself. That one was hard to follow.

But anyway, I'm going to meet harvey Pekar. This year I'm forced to pick out my clothing the night before I wear it because then I take it to Mark's appartment and put it on there when I wake up. So I was prepared to dress with a regular long-sleeved purple shirt. I'm not that big on purple. When I woke up I wished I had my bright blue octopus/lochness monster t-shirt. I want to look cool for harvey. I asked Mark if Harvey falls in love with me, can I marry him for justa week or something until we have a divorce and then I'll get back with mark. But he didn't like that idea. I could be another one of Harvey's wives and then he'd have to write a comic about the early stages of our marriage. But Mark ruined it for me. I feel like I'm missing my destiny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home